Friday, November 19, 2010

Firewater Friday . . . Scandalous Scorpion

The Scorpion and the Frog

 A scorpion and a frog meet on the bank of a stream and the scorpion asks the frog to carry him across on its back. The frog, rightfully suspicious, asks the scorpion, "How do I know you won't sting me as we cross the water?" The scorpion says, "Because if I do, I will die too."

 Feeling secure in the answer, the frog agrees. The scorpion climbs onto his back and the frog jumps into the stream. But in halfway across the stream, the scorpion stings the frog. The frog feels the onset of paralysis and starts to sink, knowing they both will drown, but has just enough time to gasp "Why?"

Replies the scorpion: “I couldn't help myself. I'm a scorpion. It's my nature."

Here is an excellent life lesson . . . a learning moment, as it were. 

The scorpion is like a lot of people . . .  lazy, deceitful and selfish.  He is either unable or unwilling to figure out how to cross the stream on his own.

The frog is inclined to give the scorpion the benefit of the doubt because he wants to see to good in others.    Even though he knows deep down in his heart of amphibious hearts that he should turn his slimy little butt around and leap away as fast as his hoppy legs can carry him.   

So, the frog agreed to ferry the scorpion across the stream, even though he knew the scorpion would probably screw him over anyway.  He was right.  Some scorpions are just assholes.

Just sayin’.

Let’s drink . . . trust me this scorpion will sting you, too!

2 Oz Light Rum
2 Oz Amaretto
½ Oz Brandy
1 Oz Lemon Juice
6 Oz Orange Juice


Combine all ingredients in a shaker full of ice.  Shake vigorously.  Pour over ice, sip daintily through a straw and feel the sting.



No comments:

Post a Comment