Friday, October 28, 2011

Firewater Friday - Alcohol Abuse

I bartend on weekends.  One of the regulars can pack them away although he never appears to get drunk.  I think it's possible he has a drinking problem.  


The reason I say this is because, there was one time when he and some fellow carousers were drinking kamikaze's and something horrible happened.  


Disguises to protect the innocent
While in the midst of telling of his latest exploits and gesticulating wildly he accidentally knocked over the little cocktail pitcher containing said kamikaze's.  


The drink dumped out all over the bar top. The horror!  I rushed over and wiped it up with a paper towel.  


The man promptly snatched the sopping towel from my hand and stuffed it in his mouth.  He proceeded to chew it up and swallow it!  I sh!t you not!  Why?  He said it was a sin to waste a good drink . . . to do so would be alcohol abuse.  


I swear I couldn't make something like that up even if I tried.


Too funny!






Pineapple Cocktail

11/2 Ounces Pineapple Juice
1-Ounce Vodka
1-Ounce Grand Marnier
1/2-Ounce Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice
Turbinado Sugar, For The Rim (Optional)

Chill a martini glass in the freezer. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add the pineapple juice, vodka, Grand Marnier, and lime juice. Cover and shake vigorously, until combined and chilled, about 30 seconds.

Scatter some turbinado sugar onto a small plate, wet the rim of the glass and dip into sugar. Strain the drink into the chilled glass. Cheers.


11 comments: