Saturday, December 3, 2011

All the things one has forgotten scream for help in dreams.


I had a really whacked out dream the other night . . . weird happenings and bizarre imagery . . . it was very vivid and quite disturbing. 

Here’s the gist of it . . .

My husband I went to a meeting at our club.  In fact, I didn’t want to go to the meeting but he insisted that I do.  At some point during the meeting I opened one of the doors and laying across the way a baby moose was laying on the ground like it was sleeping . . . except that most of its skin was removed and except for a few patches of fur here and there it was mostly raw, bloody flesh.  I assumed it was dead.

I went back into the meeting and got involved with something.  And I realized that my husband had left me there and I was 40 miles from home.  I went outside and the baby moose was still there but in the parking lot was an adult moose in the same condition . . . skinned and exposed red meat.  Except that this moose was alive and running with a dog keeping pace alongside it.

It was a carnival atmosphere outside the meeting hall but I found someone to take me home.  We got into her car and headed out.  Shortly after leaving she stopped to get gas at a small country gas station.

While she was outside pumping gas into the car another vehicle pulled up behind us that was full of drunk, sloppy men.   I knew right away that they had bad intentions towards us and I tried to warn my friend but she took no heed. 

One of the men got into the car behind me and another got into the driver’s seat.  And I was raped.




The components of the dream that I feel had the most significance were the skinned moose(s), abandonment, turmoil and rape


Skinned animal: Feeling vulnerable at the basic levels of your being, and having no protection against the things touching your life.

Rape: To dream that you have been raped indicates vengeful or resentful feelings toward the opposite sex.  You feel that you have been violated or that you have been taken advantage of. Something or someone is jeopardizing your self-esteem and emotional well-being. Things are being forced upon you.


Abandonment: To dream that you are abandoned suggests that it is time to leave behind past feelings and characteristics that are hindering your growth. Let go of your old attitudes. Perhaps the dream is a metaphor that you need to approach life with "reckless abandon" and live more freely.


Okay . . . this is my interpretation of my dream:

It seems that something going on in my life is leaving me feeling vulnerable or exposed.  And, whatever that thing is is making me feel as though I’m being taken advantage of.  And, perhaps I should just let it go and move on.

Things in my life are overwhelming right now.  I’m feeling tons of stress and I’m wearing thin.   





All the things one has forgotten scream for help in dreams.
Elias Canetti

No comments:

Post a Comment