Friday, February 10, 2012

Firewater Friday - Did you ever flashy-thing me?


Has this ever happened to you . . . you walk into a room for some reason or another . . . to do something or to get something or something and you totally forget what that something was?  Like it never was a thought in you brain?

Yeah, it happens to me all the time.

For the longest time I thought it was me.  You know, like I’m getting older or did too many drugs or some such thing.

But then I realized it wasn’t me!  My deteriorating hippocampus and diminishing brain cells are not to blame for this recurring phenomenon!!   

When I came to this conclusion I can tell you the relief was palpable.

It’s not me!  It’s aliens!  Seriously!  It’s the only thing that makes sense. 

You see . . . this is how it is.  Let’s say that I walk into the kitchen for a snack.  I have a rumble in my tummy and a purpose when I walk into that room.  When I get there I’m like . . . “what was I doing?”

What actually happened is that when I got into the kitchen there were little green men wreaking havoc . . . pilfering my food and ravaging the cat.  All of a sudden two men bust in to save the day . . . a struggle ensues and the aliens are vanquished.  Before I can utter a word of gratitude one of the men whips out a flashy thingy and neuralyzes my brain.

This also explains why my kitchen is so messy.






Alien Brain Hemorrhage Cocktail 


Fill a shot glass halfway with peach schnapps. 


Gently pour Bailey's Irish Cream on top. 


After the shot is almost full, carefully add a small amount of blue curacao. 


After it settles, add a small splash (or a few drops) of grenadine syrup.


Here's how I did it . . . 





Jay: Did you ever flashy-thing me? 
Kay: No. 
Jay: I ain't playing with you, K. Did you ever flashy-thing me? 
Kay: No. 

No comments:

Post a Comment