Wednesday, April 18, 2012

I wasn't cut out for it


Way back when I was young and greener than a granny smith apple,  I embarked on a career that I thought I would not only enjoy but excel at . . . I wanted to be a cosmetologist.  For those of you who think that has something to do with interstellar space travel or some such thing my career choice was nothing so lofty . . . I wanted to be a hairdresser.

I was good at my chosen profession; it gave me an outlet for my creativity.  The only problem I had at the onset was making conversation.  I actually had to talk to people.  Yeah . . . that was a hard one for me.  I was never one for making small take or initiating a conversation.  I forced myself and eventually was able to hold a decent conversation with complete strangers.

Not that I cared one whit about anything they had to say.  It was all me, me, me . . . blah blah blah . . . and more me, me, me.  So many people are completely narcissistic and I very quickly got tired of hearing people pissing and moaning about their petty problems . . . over and over and over again.

So, even though I was a very good hair stylist in the practical sense, I learned very early on was that I don’t overly like people.  Come to think of it, I don’t overly like touching them either.

Don’t think I’m a sociopath or anything.  I like my friends and I don’t mind touching people . . . just not strangers.   

A career change was inevitable . . . I needed to find a job where I didn’t have to deal with people on a close, interpersonal level.  I eventually got involved with computers . . . they do what you tell them to do and they don’t require incessant conversation. 

Ahhhh . . . sweet relief.
 
Yes, I have to deal with people on occasion and sometimes it gets to be trying . . . sometimes more than others.

But at least it’s usually not up close and personal and I don’t have to be touching them at the same time.

J  




Toasted Balsamic Chicken Bruschetta Sandwich

4 Chicken Breasts Cutlets
Pinch of Salt
¼ Cup Balsamic Vinegar
¼ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 Roma Tomatoes, Seeded and Diced
8 Fresh Basil Leaves, Thinly Sliced Into Chiffonade
3 Cloves Fresh Garlic, Minced
Pinch Of Salt
1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
8 Thin Slices Fresh Mozzarella
4 Slices Italian Bread

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Combine balsamic and olive oil in a bowl. Place chicken in a baking dish and toss with balsamic/olive oil mixture.  Bake for 15 minutes or until cooked through.








In a large bowl combine the tomatoes, basil garlic, salt and balsamic. Toss gently to combine. Set aside.

Butter both sides of bread and bake in oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown. 



Place 2 slices of cheese on top of bread and place in oven for a couple minutes to melt.  Then layer with chicken breasts, spoonfuls of tomato mixture and 2 more slices of cheese.


Place back in oven to melt top slice of cheese.  Serve immediately open faced.

No comments:

Post a Comment