Monday, April 2, 2012

April is Sexual Abuse Awareness Month


April is Sexual Abuse Awareness Month – Sexual abuse can happen to any one . . . it crosses all ages, genders, races, ethnicities, and economic backgrounds

When you think of Sexual abuse the first think that may pop into your head is rape . . . and while that is clearly a form of sexual assault keep in mind that sexual assault can take many forms . . . child sexual abuse, rape, attempted rape, incest, exhibitionism, voyeurism, obscene phone calls, fondling, and sexual harassment

1 out of every 6 American women and 1 in 33 American men  have been the victim of a sexual assault in their lifetime.  15% of those were under the age of 12.


Sexual assault can happen to anyone and the chances are pretty high that you know someone who has been sexually abused in their lifetime. 

To highlight this . . . I am going to share a long held secret . . . this is my story.

The summer between graduating from elementary school and entering junior high school I . . . uhm, how to put this . . . I blossomed.

I got a little taller, lost my baby fat and grew lumps and bumps where none had previously existed.

Yeppers . . . I had filled out.  And, by some small miracle (or minor curse), my chesticles were more  . . . er . . . generous than most of the girls in my class.

It was actually an embarrassment.  I would walk around the halls covering up with a notebook or by wearing a big shirt.  I was the only girl in my class with such highly developed bumps. I even got accused of stuffing my bra.  If you know me . . . I DO NOT like to draw attention to myself.

So, there was this one time that I got to class before anyone else.  A boy . . . a fellow classmate . . . followed me in with his merry band of buttheads.  What happened next happened so fast that I had no time to react.    I had just sat down at my desk when two of the boys grabbed me from behind and held me back against the chair while the leader shoved his hands down my shirt and mauled my bosoms.  The bastard had sexually assaulted me . . . and his stupid friends helped him.

I never said anything to anyone about it.  I was too ashamed.  I simply avoided those boys afterwards.

Eventually, the other girls developed their own lumps and bumps and I was able to melt into the shadows and become invisible.  As I like it.

Thankfully, neither that little fuck nor his fucktard friends ever touched me again.

Mercifully, my experience wasn’t worse than it was.  I know there are other people who are brutalized and tortured but I wanted to point out that sexual assault . . . even minor ones . . . can happen to anyone.  Be aware.







No comments:

Post a Comment