Wednesday, June 6, 2012

How my garden grows . . .

This, my friends, is exactly why we have a fence around out garden plot . . . critters.    These deer tracks are a mere few steps away from our garden . . . 


In past years, I've seen plenty of deer and bunnies.  This is the first evidence of their presence, this year.  Better someone else's garden than mine!



Since the critters cannot munch on my tender seedlings, they are busting out all over the place and thriving.


Even our sad little cucumber plants that were nommed by cucumber beetles seem to be making a come back.  Will we get a good crop of cukes?  Well, that remains to be seen, but I'm hopeful.


In a week or so, my beets will be ready to be thinned.  In about a month, I should have bunches of radishes.  And, my bean and peas are sprouting tendrils so they should be climbing soon.


The tomato plants are absolutely growing like crazy.  I've been pinching of buds to keep the energy going into plant growth  . . . I'm not ready for tomatoes yet.


Looking good!  



No comments:

Post a Comment