Friday, August 10, 2012

Firewater Friday - Redstone Black Raspberry Nectar Cocktails

One of my favorite meads is Redstone Black Raspberry Nectar.  It is a melomel style of mead; it is mead made with fruit other than grapes or apples.  It is made with with 5 parts Clover honey, 1 part Wildflower honey and black raspberry puree.  It's light and slightly effervescent.  I like it especially because it is not overly sweet.  It's fairly heavy in the alcohol department, however, coming in at 8% ABV.  I first had it a few years ago and I love it so much that I always keep a bottle or two in the house.

Redstone has several recipes on their website using their meads as mixers.  Although I really like mead without anything added to it I thought I'd give a couple of their recipes a try to see how they taste.   They were, in fact, quite good.  


The Rose

4 Ounces Redstone Black Raspberry Nectar
1 Ounce Vodka
1 Wedge Lime

Squeeze lime into champagne glass and set aside.

Pour nectar and vodka into a shaker filled with ice.  Give it a quick shake and strain into the champagne glass over the lime.


Tubesteak Boogie


4 Ounces Redstone Black Raspberry Nectar
1 Ounce Jack Daniels

Pour nectar and Jack Daniels into a shaker filled with ice.  Give it a quick shake and pour into a rocks glass.


For more recipes from Redstone Meadery visit their website or check them out on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment